Many of the jobs that I have previously held such as a summer camp counselor, substitute teaching and being a personal nanny have provided me with a great deal of experience working with children in a variety of age groups and settings. Working in a photography studio and doing free lance stained glass work has not only provided me with experience in creating art but working with people as well. I believe that all of my experiences have greatly prepared my for my future in education.
I have had the opportunity to volunteer at the Longwood Center of the Visual Arts (LCVA) which has provided me with a variety of experiences. All of my volunteer experiences has provided me with skills and training in areas that will be especially useful in my teaching career. Below is a list of my experiences at the LCVA.
I have also volunteered at the Fuqua Arts Day where I taught a multi-cultural lesson plan to several classes at Fuqua Elementary School. This lesson plan can be found in the “Elementary Lesson Plans” page.
LCVA Art Education Volunteer (47 hours completed)
- Facilitated lesson plan for African Art Teacher Workshop
- Lead docent tours for Youth Art Month for children from the Prince Edward County School System
- Participated in preparing for free family workshops
- Participated in preparing for Youth Art Month
- Assisted in general office tasks
- Assisted in museum exhibit preparation